Educating the Senses
ABOUT THE COURSE
This is a training workshop suitable for teachers of young children in the age range of 2½-6 years in the Montessori Method of Education.
The workshop is very good in getting early childhood teachers grounded in what they do, in terms of refinement of the five senses in young children.
This training workshop is delivered and certificate awarded by Chelis School Consultancy and Development Centre Ltd.
- To teach the learners how to help young children in their effort to sort out the many varied impressions given by the senses.
- To help learners with early discovery of functional defect in young children of 2½-6year through the use sensorial material.
- To help in preparing learners for taking up a role as teachers or assistant teachers of young children in the age range of 2½-6 years old.
- To help learners in developing a learning environment that will enhance development of young children.
- To help learners have a sound appreciation and understanding of the constructive materials developed by Dr Maria Montessori.
- To help learners acquire knowledge of Montessori Education.
Introduction together with aims and purposes
Visual (sense of sight) activities
Tactile (sense of touch) Activities
Auditory (sense of hearing) Activities
Gustatory (sense of taste) Activities
Olfactory (sense of smell )
The duration is one day, usually Saturdays: 9am to 4pm.
The date for this workshop is based on our training calendar. You can go to our website for the current quarterly training calendar or call us on 08106055837 to enquire. We are also open for customized trainings.
Registration: N10, 000
A certificate will be awarded and issued to all the participants at the end of the workshop.
Applicants are required to have the following:
Currently practicing teachers, prospective teachers, parents and caregivers
At least 17 years of age.