This course follows on from the Jolly Grammar levels 1 & 2 course. The course will teach:
- How to distinguish between a phrase and a sentence.
- How to identify the subject and object of a sentence.
- How to organize sentences into paragraphs.
- How to form the continuous tenses.
- New parts of speech will be introduced namely: collective nouns, irregular plurals, possessive nouns and object pronouns.
- There will regular parsing practice with the aim of building dictionary skills, improving vocabulary and reinforcing grammar knowledge.
What Will You Learn?
- Long place names as Nouns.
- Collective Nouns.
- More irregular plurals, including nouns.
- Possessive pronouns.
- Subject and Object of a sentence.
- Subject Pronouns and Object Pronouns.
- Present Participle.
- Nouns acting as Adjectives.
- Turning Adjectives into Adverbs.
- Prepositions functioning as Adverbs.
- Refining the definition of a Sentence.
- Introducing a phrase.
- Distinguishing between a sentence and a phrase.
- Introduction to paragraphs to organize thoughts and text.
Background, Course Coverage, Methodology & Revision
Background, Course Coverage, Methodology & Revision02:28
Proper Nouns, Place Names
Proper Nouns, Place Names03:11
Common Nouns – Collective Nouns
Common Nouns – Collective Nouns05:38
Pronouns, Grammatical Persons Revision
Pronouns, Grammatical Persons Revision05:16
Subject & Object Pronouns
Subject & Object Pronouns04:54
Verbs – Continuous Tenses
Verbs – Continuous Tenses06:17
Verb to be
Verb to be00:00
Adjectives – Making Adjectives with Suffixes
Adjectives – Making Adjectives with Suffixes00:00
Nouns Acting as Adjectives
Nouns Acting as Adjectives00:00
Adverbs – Turning Adjectives into Adverbs
Adverbs – Turning Adjectives into Adverbs00:00
Subject and Object of a Sentence
Subject and Object of a Sentence00:00
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet